Level Buddy is a CSG level modeling workflow add on for Blender 3D. It takes inspiration from old school editors like UnrealEd and DoomED. Level Buddy reduces iteration time while letting you test out ideas quickly and easily.
- Easy to use tools and interface.
- Auto texture/UV unwrap in world space.
- CSG modeling techniques including additive and subtractive inspired work flow.
- NOT BSP, you are work with poly meshes at all times. When you build the map you get a static poly mesh not a BSP tree of faces.
- Build and export your map to FBX with 1 button, great if you are working with Unity or any external game engine.
- Blender 2.78 now supported. Level Buddy now works with the new version of Blender 2.78.
***Update Version 1.2
- added FBX export options. This is great if you are using Unity or any other external game engine. Build and export with 1 button click.
- added remove material feature that will remove faces with a specific material applied when the map is built.
- added auto UV mapping as an option.
- added option to flip map normals when the map is built.
- added the ability to build the map while in edit mode.
- added in the ability to tag sectors and brushes to a layer (A or B) to fix boolean operation orders where they had problems generating proper openings/connections when the map would be built.
- hid the light setting properties for the time being as they were dependant upon material node setups that were specific to a personal project I was doing. If you still need them you can jump into the code and uncomment out that code in the draw panel function. But in the long run I will be moving them out of this script and into another script.
- added support for Blender 2.78
note: Addon is still in development so there might be a few bugs here and there.
Version 1.0 is still available to download below.